Nothing is more frustrating than finding a burst pipe in your home. When a plumbing pipe bursts, your home can be filled with water in seconds. The damage is usually extensive and almost always comes at the most inconvenient time. At Love Plumbing, Air & Electrical, we keep your home protected with fast and effective burst pipe repair in Columbia.
What Causes Burst Pipes?
There are numerous issues that contribute to a burst pipe emergency in your home.
Some of the most common causes of burst pipes include:
- Freezing: Although the temperatures in South Carolina are often balmy and mild, we could get a potential cold snap that causes the pipes to freeze. When water freezes inside a water pipe, the ice expands, putting immense pressure on the pipe. Eventually, the pipe can no longer handle the pressure and it bursts.
- Worn out pipes: Other causes of burst pipes are self-inflicted. Using a chemical drain cleaner prematurely wears out your pipes, creating weak spots in the pipe. These weak spots are thin and are prone to rupture.
- Clogged pipes: Clogged drains or toilets also put pressure on the pipe. If the clog persists, the pressure will continue to build, eventually, resulting in a burst pipe that requires fast plumbing leak repair.
Burst pipe emergencies require fast action to reduce damage and lower the repair cost. Talk to one of our expert plumbers for quick and effective burst pipe repair. Enjoy additional savings on your next plumbing service with our current deals and coupons.
How to Prevent Water Line Repair & Burst Pipes
Here are some of our top tips and tricks to prevent burst pipe emergencies in your home:
- Never use chemical drain cleaners; instead, opt for professional drain cleaning and drain repair services.
- Insulate your pipes to protect them from cold air.
- Seal any cracks in your home that may expose the pipes to cold air.
- Make sure any clogs in the drain or toilet are resolved immediately so the pressure doesn’t have a chance to build.