How Do Tankless Water Heaters Work?
Unlike traditional units that rely on a hot water tank for their water supply, tankless water heaters connect directly to your plumbing system, eliminating the need for a bulky tank. The water heater sits in standby mode until hot water is requested at your faucet. When the hot water is turned on, a series of high-efficiency heating units activate, heating the water as it passes through. When the faucet is shut off, the unit goes back into standby mode until it is needed again.
Contact us today and speak with the Columbia tankless water heater experts at Love Plumbing, Air & Electrical about our cost-effective and efficient services.
What Are the Benefits of Tankless Water Heater Installation?
If you are considering installing a tankless water heater in your home, consider these benefits before you make your decision:
- Savings: By not heating an entire tank’s worth of water, you will notice significant savings on your energy bill.
- Efficiency: These units are also more environmentally friendly because they use less energy to operate.
- Space: By eliminating the need for a bulky water tank, you will save space in your home too.
- Endless hot water: Traditional units are prone to run out of hot water if the tank is empty, however, a tankless unit never runs out because there is no tank.
- Maintenance: With fewer parts to worry about, these units require less frequent tankless water heater repair. They also last about 5-10 years longer than traditional water heaters, resulting in less frequent tankless water heater replacement.