Call (803) 302-3350 today for everything from faucet and sink replacement to expert garbage disposal repair services. Discover extra savings on your next call when you print and present our latest coupons and online offers.
Common Kitchen Faucet Repair Problems
A dripping faucet is an irritating problem that many homeowners experience a few times in their lives.
Some of the most common issues that require repairs include:
- O-Rings: The o-ring is a small rubber disc in the faucet, if it becomes worn-out it will cause leaking.
- Washers: When the faucet is turned on, the washer is pressed forcefully into the valve seat. If the washer is not sized correctly or has started to corrode, you will experience a leaking faucet.
- Valve Seat: Over time, the valve seat can become clogged with scale and sediment. If this happens, it will also cause leaking.
How to Prevent Garbage Disposal Problems
Keeping your garbage disposal working efficiently will help maintain your kitchen plumbing while preventing kitchen plumbing repair.
Keep your garbage disposal working excellently by following these recommendations:
- Never put hard items like bones or shells in the disposal. Only use it for soft, organic material.
- If you have a lot of material to dispose of, do it in stages so the unit does not become jammed.
- When you are finished using the unit, rinse it quickly with warm water.
- Never attempt DIY garbage disposal repairs or installations. Always trust a professional for the best results.